Media Literacy Ireland is an independent association of members committed to the promotion of media literacy across Ireland.Find out more
Connecting people, organisations and projects to facilitate dialogue and foster the development of new partnerships and sustainable media literacy projects.
We communicate through face-to-face events, activities and online channels to showcase best practice case-studies and projects, and raise awareness of the opportunities and risks arising from new content platforms and services.
We are in the process of creating a cross sector media literacy knowledge base. It will host the activity of the network as well as a media literacy research archive and database of existing projects and resources.
In the future we will identify gaps in provision and, where appropriate, make recommendations on how to address those gaps, including identifying and highlighting potential opportunities for funding.
There are currently over 120 Media Literacy Ireland members, representing a broad range of sectors and consisting individuals and organisations. Please see below for a list of the organisations who are members.
- Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland
- Arts Council of Ireland
- Association of Advertisers in Ireland
- Athena Media
- Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
- Carnegie UK Trust
- Creative Europe Desk Ireland
- Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment
- Dublin North East Community Communications Cooperative T/A NEAR Media Co-op
- Dún Laoghaire Further Education Institute
- Frameworks Media and Archive Centre
- Instinctif Partners
- Institute of Advertsing Practitioners in Ireland
- Irish Film Institute
- Learning Waves
- Library Association of Ireland
- Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board
- Maynooth University
- MSD Ireland
- National Adult Literacy Agency
- National Council for Curriculum and Assessment
- National Youth Council of Ireland
- NewsBrands Ireland
- Northern Ireland Screen
- Office of the Press Ombudsman
- Professional Development Service for Teachers
- Quality & Qualifications Ireland
- Shout Out UK
- Sky Ireland
- Social Justice Ireland
- The Institute for Future Media and Journalism (FUJO)
- TinPot Productions
- TU Dublin
- Virgin Media
- Youthreach - Department of Education and Skills